Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It Was All In the Name...


I have this strange, quirky habit of wanting to write reviews with a two-minute window right before work. But knowing my apathetic nature, I deem it necessary to write something than not at all.

It was all in a name. I decided to add The Oregon Donors' new album Somethings to my music library partly because they included Oregon in the title, though hailing from Washington. Even though it has a muddy, lo-fi resonance, I found myself intrigued and interested in their sound. Resting between Radiohead (when it was just a rock band) and At the Drive-In, their alternative approach fueled by lead singer, Christopher Rabbit's (weird) knack of moaning his way through a track becomes enjoyable and worthy of any college-rock loving, he/she out there.

This was just my first run-through. As I explore it more heavily, I hope to have an even more insightful stance on the project.

Best Tracks: 3rd Lvl Wizard, Pocket Knife (Engraving in Bark)


This. Is. Truth.

No comments: