Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Jump Off

This is about to change. I don't know what you want to call this. A transformation? Evolution? Call it what you want to call it. As my world continues to spiral into a frenzy, so will this blog. I hold no reservations to any particular subject. These are my thoughts. Unfiltered. Unflinching. Unrelenting. I have no allegiances or ties. I am one 23 year-old, African-American male trying to break through the walls of expectation and stereotype. I'm passionate. So passionate, it takes these words to keep my heart from exploding. So know, I'm bringing these thoughts to you with every keystroke I can muster.

I yearn to be the most eloquent, well-respected, man in the world.

Over the next couple of years, I will update this blog with meaningful passages that will hopefully create a pathway into my life. Just graduated with a Journalism degree from the University of Oregon, my life has just officially begun. While most are scared of the unknown, i welcome the darkness that impairs my vision. As much as my eyes may not be able to see what is in front of me, my vision is still firmly intact. People refer to this road as a connector between ourselves and our destiny. Only there are many forks and side paths that will altogether lead you to the world you envision. There isn't one right way. So don't be afraid to throw caution to the wind and try several avenues. I am not afraid.

The only thing to fear is fear itself.

This my inner sanctum. My prized treasure is the words that I hold dearly. And now I present them for the world to see. It doesn't take an official to give an opinion. So here we go...

May He lead me in the right direction. Point my footsteps. May the world hear it for what it is.

This. Is. Truth.

1 comment:

terra said...

You should write more blogs like this one...more meaningful passages. I really enjoy reading what you write even if I dont understand it...like the fantasy baseball stuff....